Overall health and well-being is intricately tied to the balance of the chakras, as they are where we receive, assimilate and distribute our life energies. Through external situations or internal habits â€” such as physical misalignment or destructive mental self concepts â€” a chakra can become imbalanced, so the goal ofISHTA yoga is to bring all of the chakras into harmony.
In this five day intensive Alan and Katrina will provide an overview of the seven major chakras and talk about how to integrate the chakra system into an individualised yoga practice. Designed to enrich advanced students and teachers, we will delve deeply into the chakras on both a practical and theoretical level to enlighten and create deep and lasting transformation.
Some of the topics included will be:
- a look at ISHTA alignment and how balancing the physical body through asana can balance each of the seven chakras
- how to attune to the subtle energetic qualities of the chakras through an understanding of the nadi system of the subtle body
- the role of each chakra in life and how to identify chakra imbalances so as to correct them
- the influence of rajas, tamas, and sattva on each chakra and how to design practices to to bring each chakra in to sattva guna
- kriya and visualisation to balance the front and back gates of the chakras
- meditation as the master key for balancing all of the chakras
- specific chakra balance meditations to target individual imbalances.